Equip Yourself for These Times
This crucial moment in history demands restoring faith in our humanity. The Institute for Global Leadership specializes in helping people and institutions navigate and change resistant systems — in the workforce, in the community and in national and global settings. For example, read about the Institute’s work to date in response to the need for a global security system as presented in an invited speech at the Hague Appeal for Peace in 1999.
Virginia Swain founded the Institute in response to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Drawing on her experience in New York during the World Trade Center attacks and 25 years’ experience in the United Nations conceiving, developing and training Reconciliation Leaders, she perceived a deep-seated need to offer Reconciliation Leaders and a Global Mediation and Reconciliation Service to the USA and wider world.
As we take up the gauntlet to work with others to restore faith in humanity, we are given another chance through an intervention of a Phoenix rising from the ashes of ground zero in Virginia’s dream the night of 9/11. After 17 years of sitting with the Phoenix in meditation, Virginia invites you to learn why we are here on the earth right now and what we can do to be of service in partnership and collaboration with others so that we can creatively participate in co-creating our destiny. To learn about the Phoenix to end war after World War II in the UN Security Council, click here.
Those actions to restore faith in humanity include:
- Recruiting and training Reconciliation Leaders through a basic and advanced certificate program for competency at four levels: personal, interpersonal, systemic and global. Reconciliation Leaders bring healing to local, national and global challenges through the Peacebuilding Process of Reconciliation to Develop Political Will, the will of the people (Peacebuilding Process). Read Reconciliation Leaders experience of the certificate program here. Participants in a course at the UN pictured above with Virginia Swain as their teacher.
- Utilizing the Global Mediation and Reconciliation Service (Reconciliation Service) and the Peacebuilding Process of Reconciliation to Develop Political Will, Reconciliation Leaders offer a resource for UN Charter Chapter VI, pacific resolution of disputes (nonviolent approaches), for conflict at all levels of society.
- Inviting people to join Friends of VIrginia Swain: Restoring Faith in America—acquainting everyone with the idea that we all have an equal role and responsibility in shaping America’s destiny. Participants gather for the monthly America’s Soul Community, a free online event through the Internet on zoom technology to bring our wisdom and experience to reflect and envision solutions to give to the Phoenix, America’s soul, through words and images that come from their soul. This strategy is part of the Peacebuilding Process of Reconciliation to Develop Political Will to heal the nation and achieve our destiny.
- A Spiritual Renaissance for Our Global Soul Online TBA
- Reading Virginia Swain’s recent book, My Soul’s Journey to Redefine Leadership: A New Phoenix Rises from the Ashes of 9/11. This book is a chronicle of the spiritual journey which underlies and informs her life and work. It also offers readers the opportunity to write their own spiritual memoir through end-chapter questions and exercises.
We invite you to join us to reexamine your mission, learn new skills and develop a broad worldview in this crossroad moment of institutional, social, ecological and economic global history. We’ve been restoring faith in humanity in the United Nations since 1991.
- Virginia Swain, Founder, CEO and Director, Institute for Global Leadership
- Founder, VirginiaSwain.com
- Author, VirginiaSwain.com Blog
- Former Director and Co-Founder, The Center for Global Community and World Law, a civil society organization in Consultative Status at the United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs (1993-2018)